Monday, December 17, 2012

Claire Quotes

I have a few kiddo quotes to share, plus one from my big kiddo, Matt. 

At Sunday dinner, Betty served a Mississippi Mud Cake and she was describing it to Claire - there are nuts and marshmallows and chocolate over a dense chocolate cake, it's really good. Claire said, "There BETTER not be any mud in that cake!"

I typically do Claire's hair every day for school and church - and on the occasions I have to go to work early, Matt usually manages a pony tail or headband. The challenge is Claire is often picky about her hair and has very specific requests. For example, she will ask for a braid into two ponytails with two white bows. Check and check. So here is her hair from today - a "princess crown" braid into a messy bun with a white flower. She resisted the bun. I said it was cute. She got a ton of compliments on it, so I said - see Claire, mom does cute hair, are you going to let me try some new hair-dos? She said, "I have decided to take a break from being bossy about my hair. You can do my hair like you used to do when I was little - any way that you want." This is my record that those words were spoken! 

The other day, Miles was talking about poop and toots and other little boy bathroom talk, and Claire said, "Mom, I NEVER talk potty talk... but, I laugh at it!" :) 

And I think a few minutes later, Matt said, "Miles, stop talking potty talk, you little turd!" Ironic, Matt. Ironic. :) 

1 comment:

Kara said...

LOL!! I love these quotes! Way to document that Claire said you can do her hair any way you want! I love the potty talk too! So funny!