Sunday, September 4, 2016

Kid Quotes

We were all watching a movie at home and out of the blue, Miles looks over at me and says, "Mom, that haircut makes you look younger. A lot younger!" I said, "You are my new favorite child Miles!" 

When we went to Baby Everett's blessing, we stayed in a hotel in Cedar City. We hung out with Becky and my parents most of the day and went to the hotel right at bedtime. As we were walking in from the parking lot, Claire says, with disdain in her voice, "How many stars is this??" Spoiled much?  

Penelope was eating goldfish crackers on the way home from church. She said, "Mom, they are golden and they are cracky. That's why they are called goldfish crackers." 

I asked Miles where he put his blanket. He said, "I put it in the wetter."  "Where?" I asked, very confused... "The wetter! You know, next to the dryer." Ahh, makes perfect sense. 

I asked Miles, "Are you going to be taller than your sister someday?" He said, "I don't know. But I grow a little bit every hour."

Penelope had her preschool assessment recently, which included a vocabulary/speech test where the teacher showed her a series of pictures and asked what was in each one. She showed P a photo of the pyramids. Penelope said, "Pyramids... My grandma has pyramid gum, it's minty!" I am guessing she is mixing up pyramid with spearmint. :) 

Penelope had made a little cave on the couch with all the cushions and when the other kids were encroaching on her territory she said, "Get away from my habitat!" 

No comments: