Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Kid Quotes

Can I just have someone follow these kids around with a recorder? Their voices and inflections make these quotes so much better! I am always laughing at Penelope's choice of words, which just seem a little mature for the average five year old. She is very quotable these days and most of these are from her, again.

Today on the way home Miles said, "Penelope has a crush on a boy in her class!" She very calmly shrugged and said, "Kayden B is my type." I asked, "What does that mean? What is your type?" She said, "Kayden B. (Duh) He has brown skin. That's ok."

We get up early for our new school- before the sun apparently. We saw a great sunrise this morning! Penelope was actually awake for it, thanks to Claire's new loud and annoying alarm clock. P would sleep in until 9 am or later if she could. She said, "That alarm is ruining my beauty sleep!"

Penelope was telling me who is in her class, listing them from the back seat of the van. She said, "Shall I name more of my friends?"

I asked Penelope to hold her own backpack as we left Betty's house. She dropped the backpack and fell down in a very dramatic fashion. "But I'm sluggish!! I can't! I'm sluggish!"

Penelope looked over my shoulder as I was editing Miles's 8 year old photos. She said, "Oh! He's so handsome!"

The trampoline is fun but also a bit of drama - the kids are either laughing or fighting. Penelope came in crying the other day, "Henry poked me in the eye!! Near the pupil!!"



I asked who’s Un-Crustable (a probably terrible for you frozen PB&J with no crust) was outside on the patio table. Miles said, “It's mine. I’m waiting for it to un-crust.”


Miles and his steamboat for Cub Scouts - made of a milk carton and a paper towel roll
On the trampoline, Henry and Penelope were fighting for the right to sit on my lap. I rarely go out there for fear of breaking the thing, but I sat on the side and watched the kids bounce. Penelope was in my lap and Henry got upset and pushed Penelope away, wedging himself in between us. Penelope said,”She’s not just your love! She’s my love too! Not yours!"

No comments: