Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Truck Update

We haven’t heard anything from the police, so no sign of the truck for going on 5 days now. I almost don’t want it back, but we found out that our insurance only covers up to $200 worth of personal property in the vehicle, and that doesn’t even start to cover even one piece of equipment for the mobile detailing business that Matt had… so frustrating!

I have no idea how they got into the truck, especially since I think they stole it around 8:30 pm, a totally normal time with people out and about still. We went to play basketball at 8:45 ish but didn’t drive past the truck, so we might have even been home when they stole it. I think someone had been watching it, knew all the equipment was in there, plus it’s a nice truck with brand new tires (just bought them in late July). We get 60 days of a rental car, but we have to wait 20 days to hear if the truck shows back up again.. then they start the process of replacing it for what it’s worth… what could that be? Blue book? High, low? No idea. Grrr.

5 comments:

-KJ said...

I FOUND YOU GUYS!!! OK, don't be afraid! I am not much for blog stocking, but I was sitting at home with a sick kid and nothing to do. I am not even sure if I could retrace my steps.

ANYWHO, it's Kjersten (Nelson) Bailey, one of Matt's highschool friends. I talked to Matt about a year ago and was trying to get him to come to dinner with some of our friends, but I think you were really close to delivering your sweet baby.

I have links to all our friends blogs on my page, if he is interested. I read an old post he put up about blogstocking, so that is what made me decide to comment.

You guys have such a beautiful baby! Hope you find the truck!!! That is terrible.

I want to keep in touch, so leave a comment on my page or yours so I know if it is OK to add you to my list. Hope all is well!!!

Erika said...

I'm so sorry, Shannon.  You guys are in my prayers.  Sorry if that sounds cheesy or too churchish, but this has got to be so incredibly frustrating.

Anonymous said...

Hey what up Matt, its an old friend Chris Wilkinson crazy finding u on here i was just on tring to find the old gang i live in wisconsin now and have 2 kids of my own Kyler 2 and Rylie 3 weeks, i'd love to hear from u e-mail me at chrisdafish16@yahoo.com PEACE!!!

Liz Laudie said...

That is outrageous to get your truck stolen from right outside your home. My sister, while she lived in Vegas, had her car stolen . . . TWICE!! Obviously she got it back the first time since it was stolen again, but she also got it back after the second theft. Crazy! But maybe there is hope.

kh said...

HOW LAME! I'm so sorry.