Saturday, December 12, 2009

Words

We have been showing Claire the "Your Baby Can Read" videos for maybe 10 months or so, but we have only recently started using the flashcards and books that go with it. Matt has been going over them almost daily with Claire and she is getting pretty good at recognizing the key words. We have her watch "Words" while she eats breakfast since she is strapped into her booster seat - we have a captive audience. Here she is going over the latest round of flash cards with Matt.

9 comments:

Emily said...

Way to go smarty pants!

That was too cute.

Stephanie Carmi said...

what a good little monkey! :)

Emily said...

Claire!!! You little genius! And Matt! You cute daddy! We need to see you guys!

Erika said...

Awesome! You guys need to be on the infomercial.

Jacqui said...

Um, wow! I totally agree about the infomercial. Sure you guys don't want to give her to me? She could be Babe's twin and teach her the ropes. They look enough alike!

Sure wish we could've seen you this month. Hope you come see us soon!!

PS Matt, what a great daddy you are!

Alifinale said...

Are you kidding me? She is such a smarty pants. So cute.

Karry said...

It’s appropriate that an overachiever would produce an overachiever. ;-)

Way to go Matt and Shannon.

jessi said...

Shill - this video seriously made me giggle in my cubicle. She is so adorable, and I love how Matt would have to keep getting her attention by putting the card right up to her noes. So cute!

Kara said...

I still cannot believe that! I'm going to have to see what these videos do. How can you teach a 2 year old to read?? I'm in total AWE!! She's a genius!