Sunday, July 25, 2010

Orange County Fair

Claire, Miles and I went on a quick road trip down to the Orange County Fair, a tradition that had been stalled a bit after having kids. This is the first time I have taken both kids alone on a trip, and they were really good. I just put on a movie and threw food in the back if they got fussy. :)

We went to stay with Stephanie in Calabasas and then drove down to Orange County to meet up for breakfast and the fair with friends. We hadn't all been together in 9 years (since Jenna's wedding). I have known these girls longer than any other friends, and the fact that we still stay in touch, at times in better contact than others, is pretty amazing to me.

From left to right, me, Stephanie (friends since first grade), Denise (Kindergarten), Janel (fifth grade), and Jenna (seventh grade).


And With the Kiddos


Face Painting with Denise and Janel



Ethan and Claire (and Rick)

2 comments:

Kara said...

You are really good at keeping in touch with people, good for you! And good for you for taking both kids to CA with you to a fair. Sounds like a lot of work, but looks like it was worth it. It seems like I haven't seen you in FOREVER!! When are we going to get together?

Becky said...

I am so irritated with Blogger. I rely on my thingy on the side of my blog to tell me when you update your blog. I keep looking at your name, and it still said your last post was for the trip up here. Low and behold, I have missed like 4 posts! Whatever Blogger!! Anyway, I love these pictures of you girls. So fun, you brave girl, going all on your own. I'm proud of you and your independent self. Oh, to be like you.