Thursday, August 26, 2010

Matty Lou's Homecoming

Last week we went to Placerville just in time to be front and center at the Sacramento airport to greet my youngest sibling Matthew as he came home from his 2-year mission to Malaysia. He greeted us with a calm, quiet smile and I could tell he was happy to be home. We all hung back while mom and dad hugged him first, and then I snuck in for a hug. I am the oldest after all, so I was next in line.




The rest of the week we enjoyed being in beautiful California - with evening temperatures that actually dipped below 100 degrees at night, it was such a nice break from the Vegas heat!

Claire enjoyed some country living experiences - collecting eggs from the chicken coop, picking tomatoes, and playing outside as long as she could. It almost felt cruel to bring her back to our little house without a yard. Miles loved it too - he got over his dislike for grass and was crawling all over the place, making it harder to keep track of him but he loved to go exploring.







My Dad and Miles


Kenny the Baby Whisperer



Me and Becky


Family at the Ward Luau


My Mom and Miles


Matty and The Kiddos


4 comments:

Becky said...

You got some good pictures. Kenny is the baby whisperer isn't he?

Jacqui said...

I am absolutely in love with that picture of the tomatoes with Claire in the background. It's frameable! What a great time. Being with fam is the best!

Karry said...

Love all the pictures. I can't believe how big your family is now. So fun!

Stephanie Carmi said...

your family is too beautiful for words. i love all of you so much. welcome home matty!