Friday, January 27, 2012

Euphemisms

I am getting a bit tired of hearing that I look tired... it's just a euphemism for "wow, you look really bad!"

There is a guy at work who is particularly tactless and uses this line on me on a weekly basis. Well guess what? I AM tired! I go to sleep tired and I wake up 8 hours later tired. I am 24 weeks pregnant and get up to pee every 2 hours, the hyper-thyroid stuff makes me feel worn down and my heart races for no good reason, and my 2-year old wakes up and cries for a few minutes and then goes back to sleep, but now I am awake again...better go pee, since I'm up... and it continues, round and round.

I wear makeup to work every day. Every day. I can't imagine what he would say if I didn't wear makeup. Then he would probably say, "Wow, are you feeling sick?" That's the usual comment I hear when I am sans makeup.

I need a good comeback line for the "you look tired" comment. Any ideas?

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

Yes, I feel about how you look.

haha.

Erick and Megan said...

Oh I like that one!!