Thursday, January 26, 2012

Kid Quotes

I took Miles back to the hotel for a nap one of our days at Disneyland, and Claire got to go on a bunch of rides that afternoon with the big kids (adults). When I met up with them later on I asked her what she did while I was gone. She said very matter-of-fact, "Well, I went on Splash Mountain, and then I cried for 15 minutes, and then I went on Peter Pan..." Matt said she did cry when their boat went down the huge drop but that she had stopped by the time they reached the end of the ride. Here's Claire and Leah after Splash Mountain:


Miles refuses to say his own name. We get him to say "Mi-" and then "-les" and then when we ask him to combine the two he says "Me!" We quiz him on repeating back family member names and he says them, and then we try to trick him and throw in - say Miles! He says "Me!" He has now started calling himself "Me Hiller" when Claire tells him to say his name, and when he talks to my stomach to tell the baby hello, he says, "Hi, it's Me Hiller." What a silly kid.


I was making toast for Claire one morning and she took in a big whiff and said, "It smells niiiice and toasty in there!"

We were reading a book at bedtime called Counting Kisses and Claire asked why I kissed dad when we got married. I guess she has seen our wedding pictures. I said, Well, that's when we exchange rings and then we get to kiss to show that we are married now. She said, "Oh, then did you get a trophy?" Wellll, I guess I could call my wedding rings a trophy of sorts :)

No comments: