Friday, December 13, 2013

Basketball!

Claire and I have started a new adventure: co-ed youth basketball! I sort of talked her into it after the "I'm not a good fit for basketball" conversation. I think what sealed the deal was when I said I would be the assistant coach. We just started last week in the Under 8 league out in Henderson - there are 3 girls on our team out of 10 total players. Claire knows one of the other girls from her soccer team - and her dad is the coach. Games don't start until January so we have some time to practice, but there is A LOT to learn. I am excited to try coaching again - it's been a long time since my days as assistant JV coach at Centennial High School. I got to be "good cop" and just have fun with the girls - hopefully this experience will be just as fun.


No comments: