Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Claire's Baptism

Claire was so excited for this day! I loved seeing a truly genuine smile on her face when she talked about being baptized. She even asked me to play the Imagine Dragons' song Best Day of My Life the night before her baptism. 

Mom and Dad and Becky's family came down for the baptism, and Betty, Phil, Leah, Jonelle and Genevieve also came.


Claire found the only baptism dress, instead of a jumper.  









Claire went up and bore her testimony of baptism on the following Sunday. I would never have been so brave as an 8 year old. I don't even feel that brave now! 

She impresses me so much because she doesn't get up and just say a memorized script or passage- she is calm and takes the time to let her own thoughts come out. Claire said she was happy to be baptized and that she felt a "happy tingling feeling that she knew was the Spirit." 

It was a great day and a wonderful weekend with our family! 

1 comment:

Emily said...

Yay, Claire! Congratulations on your baptism! You look so pretty and grown up!