Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Kid Quotes: Mostly Penelope-isms

Claire said, "Do you want to play tic-tac-toe? Just draw a hashtag." And the other day she said, "My teacher told me that the hashtag used to be called a number sign, is that true?" #ifeelsoold

Penelope and Claire were kicking a soccer ball back and forth in the back yard and Claire kicked one ball a bit too hard and it hit P. Penelope cried a bit and said, "It was an accident - Claire kicked the ball into my heart. [dramatic pause] But I'm OK though."

Miles eating amazing hand-made toffee at Disneyland, "I like it a lot, but I hate it too."

Penelope was acting crazy, running around and getting all worked up right at bedtime like she does quite often. I said, "Penelope, control your body!!" She said, "Well I can't, I can't find the remote control!"



Penelope was using lipstick and chapstick from my makeup bag and I asked for them back. She said, "Hold on mom, I need to do a top coat and then I'm done."

Penelope, upon observing license plates in the drive thru, said, "Mom, some cars are from Las Vegas and some are from Antarctica."

I took Penelope to a friend's house and on the way she said, "They have play dough at her house. I'm serious! I'm double dog serious!" For the record, I never expressed any doubts about the aforementioned play dough.

Penelope has a new talent - she can drink soda and burp almost immediately. She performed this feat the other day and the other kids said, "How did you do that?" She said, "It's easy. I'm little. You can only do it when you're four."


Betty told me about this one today - she took Penelope to McDonald's after school for a treat and she asked for a chocolate covered cone in a cup. Emma said, "That's pretty messy, do you want to get something else? Penelope thought about it for a second and said, "Sure, I will get a napkin too."

No comments: