Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Kid Quotes

Penelope said, "Dad, I love you! Well, I love Mom too. I love Mom one million!" Matt said, "Well, then how much do you love me?" P said, "One hundred."

I told Miles he couldn't eat anything else until he drank a big glass of water. So, he downed it all at once so he could get his fifth snack of the afternoon. Well, then he felt kind of sick from drinking all that water so fast and he got mad at me. I said, "Do you even know what it feels like to be hungry? Have you ever even felt your stomach growl before?" He said, "YES!" I said, "Well, what does it feel like?" L O N G  pause. "Well, I'm not sure. It's been a long time."

Claire was teaching us a new game where you choose a category and then take turns listing things until you can't name anything else in that category -that's when you're out. Categories are things like names that start with R or superheroes. So Claire is saying this little rhyme to start the game, "This is a game of constipation, no repeats or hesitation. Choose a category." Matt and I both were like, "Uh, constipation?! Don't you mean concentration?" She laughed and then every time we played she had to keep catching herself before saying "constipation" again.






No comments: