Monday, May 22, 2017

Miles Man Date

As part of our efforts to have a date night with the kids each month, we made a chart that rotates for dates with me and Matt, and a family outing. This month it was my turn to take Miles on a date. He chose burgers, so we tried a new place called The Habit. It was really good - cheeseburgers with green bean fries. It was so good that we took the girls with us the very next night to eat there again. 

Then we went to see Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul. Miles likes to read the Wimpy Kid books and was excited to see the movie - it was actually pretty funny. We stopped for movie treats first - Miles was very interested to know the consequences for being discovered sneaking food into the movies. I said in all my days, I've never been caught! So I'm not really sure what they would do... 

I like this date night tradition a lot - but I find it only works if we really plan it out. Having the chart on the fridge helps reminds us, and the kids of course don't let us forget either. 

Miles and I talked about school and the kids that bug him in his class, his feelings about switching schools next year, and about his sisters. Miles is a good boy - sensitive and kind. His teacher told me recently that he is being more of a leader and not a follower in class, something we have been working on and talking about a lot. I hope he can continue to stand up and be an example in his class. 




No comments: