Saturday, August 5, 2017

Monterey Scottish Festival


We took a road trip out to Monterey to meet up with my parents at the Monterey Scottish Festival where my dad was competing in a bagpipe competition. The chance to see everyone this summer, plus enjoy 65 degree highs was too tempting to pass up. Me and the kids set off on the journey, without Matt. I had never driven so far with the kids alone before and I was quite nervous. Pit stops were what I was most scared about - I wish I could convince Miles to go into the women's restroom with us but he has refused to do that for years. So, we split up and I am convinced he is kidnapped until I see him again. Other than stopping in new places and feeling nervous, the drive went great! Amazing what four DVD players will do to help with entertaining kids.

We got to Paso Robles the first night, stayed at my friend Janel's house and then drove up the last 2 hours to Monterey in the morning.

Becky and her kids had been in Placerville for a few days and decided to come too! The kids had fun at the festival - their favorite thing was hammering nails til they were flat and looked like swords. Miles seriously hit that nail for 45 minutes and was super sweaty when he was done. 




Dad's band got first place on both days of the competition - as usual :) 




No comments: