Sunday, September 17, 2017

Claire Bear's Tenth Birthday - DOUBLE DIGITS!

Ten years ago, I went to dinner at the Hillers and just wasn't feeling good - not hungry and my stomach was upset. Around 2 am the next morning, my water broke, just like in the movies! But it was three days before my due date and I was not ready for any of it!

I had my last day of work on a Friday, and was due the following Wednesday. I had counted on a few days off of work to finalize everything, like packing my hospital bag and picking out a girl and a boy outfit for the hospital. And what about my list of names! I just wasn't sure about anything but was so excited to find out if this baby was a boy or a girl!

Our beautiful baby girl was born later that day - after about 15 hours of labor, I pushed for one more hour and then waited for the doctor to arrive and make it through traffic. I have never had to push so hard again - Claire paved the way for her siblings, and she keeps doing that in other ways. She is our good example, an old soul in so many ways.







People would stop us in the store, restaurants and the park to comment on Claire - her looks but also her behavior. We would take her to nice restaurants, movies and other places I should have been nervous to bring her but she would fit right in.  So grateful that Claire made me a mama, that she chose our family and that she helped ease us into the role of parenting.



Claire and Genevieve planned their combined birthday party again this year - this time with a Star Wars theme. Betty made the cutest themed snacks and dinner - Han Rolos (Rolo candy), Edible Ewoks (gummy bears), light sabers (chocolate dipped pretzel rods), Princess Lays (chips), Yoda Soda, and more!




Claire and Genevieve planned out the event schedule and the menu - I think they have more fun planning it all than the actual party, but that was pretty fun too!






Star Wars is one of our favorites - I was happy Claire chose this theme so we could all wear our shirts too.



No comments: