Thursday, June 28, 2007

Countdown: Less than 90 days

September 20th does not seem that far away... it is already appearing on my three month church calendars, work schedules, holiday planning, and more. Everyone says time flies once you have kids - but it is already happening! I'm not panicking...

We are starting to get our baby room decorated. Part of me is like - hey, this kid will not come out of the womb saying, "I can't believe you chose GREEN for my room" but the other part wants it to be cute and all ready for Baby Hiller.

So, last weekend my sisters-in-law and Betty came over to help get our house organized (in order to create more room for the plethora of baby gear that we still need to get) and to start working on the nursery.

We are doing kelly green and navy blue in the fabrics, and the walls are white on white stripes. I know, what's the point of that, right? But the stripes are different color whites, and different finishes. An eggshell painted with a high-gloss stripe, so it will be subtle but hopefully still noticeable. And that way we can decorate and change the room a lot without worrying about the walls. That's the plan anyway.

Matt and I are learning we have different taste in decor - we really haven't done a thing to the house since we got married. I think it will be fun when we get a new house someday and we can decorate it together. But for now, we will work on this baby room and try to make room in our house for all the baby accessories and gear that one little person needs.

P.S. I'm registered at Babys R Us...

1 comment:

Emily said...

I LOVE the new pictures to the side of your blog. And I'm totally going to copy that baby name voter thingy. Good idea! You guys sound like you're doing well. And Baby Hiller's nursery sounds gorgeous. We HAVE to see you in October! We miss you guys!