Monday, February 18, 2008

Meal Idea for the Week

Turkey Sliders and Sweet Potato Fries

Kids love them and so do husbands! These little burgers are fun to eat and you can really dress them up however you want, and use hamburger if you prefer.

1 lb 99% fat free ground turkey (If you have a small family, split this in half to use for another meal the next night)
Garlic salt to taste
Worcestershire sauce - a few shakes
Package of small dinner rolls (I find the best ones in tbe bakery section)
Package of frozen sweet potato fries

Preheat oven and start your fries - the rest of the meal goes pretty fast. Mix together the first three ingredients and shape into small patties - about the size of your rolls. Cook on a grill pan or in a saucepan until slightly browned (just a few minutes on each side since they are small).

Topping ideas - basic condiments, guacamole, sauteed onions, mushrooms, cheese, bacon, etc.

Anyone else use ground turkey in a yummy recipe? I hardly ever buy hamburger anymore, so your turkey ideas are appreciated!

6 comments:

Emily said...

Hey, that sounds pretty yummy!
I've only used ground turkey in lasagna and I thought it was good. Oh, and we had it at a friend's house when they made tacos. That was good too. I want to try these, thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hi Shannon! I just started a blog, jbunkerfamily.blogspot.com. I love the pictures of your little one. She is grow up so fast! She's so cute. My mom has a turkey chili recipe that's good. Tell me if you want it and i'll get it for you. I don't think it's hard, it just has a lot of ingredients. -janel

Mere and Matt said...

Hey Shannon, I love these recipe ideas. I used to cook with turkey more, but Matt seems to notice the taste difference. WHY?? I wish he had duller taste buds. But I love these ideas; my recipies are so hit and miss. SO I'll try anything that has been tried by someone else first.

Mere and Matt said...

Hey Shannon, I love these recipe ideas. I used to cook with turkey more, but Matt seems to notice the taste difference. WHY?? I wish he had duller taste buds. But I love these ideas; my recipies are so hit and miss. SO I'll try anything that has been tried by someone else first.

Zach and Kate Hulet said...

Try this!

zachandkatehulet.blogspot

Emily said...

yummy. sliders make me think of firefly, which makes me hungry! I will definitly be trying these and thinking of you three.

You are too funny! I only reason I know anything about blog backgrounds is because i found a site that had follow-the-steps easy instructions: sjhblogdesign.blogspot.com and matiekay.blogspot.com. They both have great backgrounds and easy to follow directions. Hope that helps.