Thursday, July 24, 2008

Summer Recipes

Some things just taste better in the Summer - BBQ being one of them, and anything with veggies or fruit. Here are two recipes my friend Jen gave me that I wanted to share - I have tested them and they are delicious!


Texas Caviar
1 10-16oz pkg. frozen corn (let it thaw or just rinse it)
1 can black eyed peas (drain & rinse)
1 can black beans (drain)
2 green peppers (chopped fine) <- sometimes I just use one
1 purple onion (chopped fine)
8 roma tomatoes (chopped small)
1 bunch cilantro (chopped fine)
Italian Dressing - half a bottle
2 limes juiced
Cumin to taste
salt & pepper
avacado (optional, I usually don't use it because it looks gross if you have leftovers)

Serve with corn chips.



Wagner Salmon Marinade
3/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tsp. sugar
2 T. Ketchup
1 tsp. Mustard
1/2- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 1/2 T. Sesame Oil

I usually mix it in a fairly large glass bowl and then slide the salmon into it, making sure some of the marinade is all over the salmon. Then I cover with plastic wrap, and after an hour or two I will flip the salmon. Best if the salmon is marinated for at least 3 hours.

3 comments:

The Scholer Family said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Texas Caviar!!

Carolyn said...

We have a similar dip to the Texas caviar and I love it too. The only bad thing is that I end up eating a ton! I will have to try you BBQ Sauce!

Jacqui said...

texas caviar is my father-in-laws #1 fave!