Monday, December 8, 2008

Baby Steps

Decision made, decision carried out... my motto, according to my PS friends (PS stands for Power Squad, but that's a whole other story).

So, I put my decisiveness to work and made the choice to quit my full time job as a Partner with Vanguard Media Group, a PR and advertising firm based in Salt Lake City. I have been heading up the Vegas office for almost four years. It has been a really great experience for me to learn about running a firm, but for the past 14+ months it has been evident that I just want to be home more, and at the office less.

While I can't stop working completely (not yet anyway), I will still do a few projects for Vanguard and help with some clients for a month or so. I will also look for other PR projects to keep me busy, and stay in the industry a bit while having more time with Claire and Matt. My goal is to be home at least three days a week and use the other two days to get all of my client work done. I have this month to figure out a few things and get myself organized, but I am SO looking forward to having a real Christmas break, the likes of which have not been seen since my Senior year at BYU. A real break, not just a few days! Maybe I can catch up on all the organization and projects I've been putting off since Claire was born.

So, as a former co-worker said once, "Onward and upward." That one's for you Michelle :)

8 comments:

Mere and Matt said...

Maybe you'll even get to sleep in once in awhile. :) Congrats on making a tough decision!

Anonymous said...

Hey Shill! I think we need a lunch together. Proud of you! Onward and upward it is, wink wink!!!
Michelle

~ kietra ~ said...

Way to go Shannon! I think that is so awesome!! Way to make a hard decision-- wow!! :)

Emily said...

So happy for you! I remember talking to you about this in August when we were in town. I'm so glad you made the decision. I'm also so glad for selfish reasons. Like, once we're back in Vegas we'll get to do weekly park play dates?!

ps. the picture on the top of your blog is adorable. How did you do that? You're one crafty hot mama!

Carl and Tami said...

I am excited for you ... I was sincere when I told you not to hesitate to call if you need anything.

If you ever need photography work done for your clients keep me in mind. www.tamihuntsman.com

cropstar said...

That's awesome :)
Good luck!

Zach and Kate Hulet said...

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help! That is an amazing move, and if anyone can do it, it is YOU!!!

Erick and Megan said...

I'm so happy for you! How's the balancing and new work going?