Monday, July 27, 2009

Latest Craze: headbands and pockets

Lately Claire wants all of her outfits to have pockets - all pants/shorts/dresses that have pockets definitely rise to the top of the list because she insists on them almost daily. She likes to store things in them, like pennies and small toys; Matt upgraded her to a dollar bill over the weekend and she was very excited. I even find myself buying clothes for her just because they have pockets, like this pink dress. This photo also shows Claire's latest "say cheese" smile - she scrunches up her face and gets all squinty-eyed.


Her other favorite is headbands - until about a month ago I couldn't get her to wear one at all. She of course wore them as a baby when she had no say in the matter and lacked the motor skills to yank them off every chance she got... that changed, obviously. Now she loves them again and likes to put mine on her head, as well as her own. I just loved this photo:

7 comments:

Stephanie Carmi said...

why is her chin so cute?

Erika said...

She is so pretty. Owen has a similar cheesy grin. I do appreciate any effort given when I ask him to smile, but I'm not sure where the scrunched up face originated. Do I smile like that?

Kara said...

OMG!!! I love that second picture of her in that headband! What an adorable smile and an adorable girl! I just love her!

Emily said...

That is such a cute picture!! Her headbands are super cute, as is her love for pockets...lol!

Can't wait to see you guys, she looks big and i hate it!

Ali said...

Shannon - visualize me pointing two fingers at my eyes and then at your eyes and saying, "Right here, Shannon. Right here."

Do we have some kind of psychological bond? It must be the latest craze!!!

kh said...

That is super cute! Can't wait to see baby number two...

Karry said...

You need to frame the headband photo - it's adorable!