Wednesday, August 12, 2009

He's Here!

Miles Matthew Hiller was born on Monday, August 10th at 2:19 pm weighing in at a whopping 6 lbs 11 oz, and is 19 inches long. So, I guess the ultrasound weight was pretty accurate, between 6 or 7 pounds. He just didn't have the extra three weeks to pack on another pound or two.

We are home and doing great - just adjusting, and trying to keep Claire from loving him to death. She wants to hold him a lot, and also give him her blankets, share pacifiers and generally is being really good. A few small meltdowns but all in all, a good big sister so far.

More later - just wanted to post some pics and say we are doing well. Thank you for all of your calls and texts - we have great family and friends!

15 comments:

~ kietra ~ said...

Congrats Shannon! He is a GREAT size!! I'm so glad Miles gets such a great big sister to love on him!!

Christi said...

Congrats!!!! I am excited to see the little guy. I love the name Miles. I want to come by and see you guys. Let me know if you need anything.

Jen H. said...

He's a cutie pie! Add another adorable child to your family, why don't you? :)

Alifinale said...

He is so cute and I can't wait to hold him! Congratulations! How lucky that you got to cut off your pregnancy 3 weeks short and still have such a cute healthy boy!

Jacqui said...

You guys make beautiful babies!! Miles is lovely. Congratulations!!

Ali said...

Oh my goodness - check out that hair! How wonderful to have a new baby in the house. I hope you guys are adjusting well and maybe getting some sleep too!

Carolyn said...

Wow, surprise! He is so cute. I love all the hair. Congratulations!

Emily said...

Oh my gosh I love him!! Look at that hair, it's so cute! He is so dang tiny I can't even imagine what that would be like. So glad he's here!!

When I get back he's all mine.

Kiss Claire for me!

kh said...

YAY!!!

Mere and Matt said...

O happy day! No more hot Vegas during pregnancy; no more maternity pantyhose!! Congrats--I love the name and the cute baby!

Stephanie Carmi said...

Another perfectly combined Johnson-Hiller face, looks like! And Claire looks like she's in love... so awesome. Congrats you guys!

Erick and Megan said...

Yeah so glad he is on your blog now! We can't wait to meet him! What a little sweetie!

Kara said...

OMGosh! Look at all that hair! How sweet, I can't wait to come see him! I'm glad Claire is being good. I am back in town, so I'll call you and come see you soon!

Rachel said...

I love the name Miles, but I didn't think Miles Walker would be a good combo. However, at my rate, I may never have to come up with a boy name. He is super cute and I'm glad you are doing well. Congrats!

Dave and Natalie said...

You have the most beautiful babies! Congratulations