Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Cookie Monster

I made cookies and ate them last night, all while watching The Biggest Loser... I deserve every pound I gain!!

We are addicted to this new oatmeal chocolate chip pecan cookie recipe - I modified the recipe from All Recipes - it was a basic oatmeal cookie recipe - so good I have to share:

1 cup butter, softened (butter flavored shortening makes cookies fluffier)
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 cups quick cooking oats (I used 2.5 cups)
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans

Directions
1.In a medium bowl, cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in oats. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour.
2.Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. Roll the dough into walnut sized balls, and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Flatten each cookie with a large fork dipped in sugar.
3.Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

3 comments:

Jacqui said...

I totally make this cookie. I know the recipe by heart! For your lazy days, just smash it all onto a jelly roll pan and bake for 15 minutes. Makes a terrific bar cookie. Add raisins (and nuts) with the cinnamon, or delete cinnamon and add chocolate chips and walnuts.

Makes the BEST dough, doesn't it? Also freezes well. Good luck breaking your addiction. I have been off sugar and most fat for almost three weeks now, but decided to indulge in an incredible brownie I made last night and guess what? I totally puked. My body couldn't take it! I guess that is a good sign. So now I just chew it up and spit it out. Gross, but effective.

Miss you!

Becky said...

Sounds yummy, I'll have to try them. But, where's the pecans? And you know I'm saying it peecans, right?
Whenever I watch that show I end up feeling so guilty because I am munching away at something bad for me and they are sweating their butts off, literally.

Erika said...

That sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing.