Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Did We Really Just Have This Conversation?

Actual dialogue via text message between Matt and I today:


Me: Try to talk up to Claire how cool it would be to poop in Mema’s toilet today :)

Matt: Booya! She already went. Or should I say poo-ya! I will have her call you

Me: Yeah!!!!!! You can’t go back to school, she is a better pooper for you than for me


I can guarantee you that while dating, we never imagined we would talk about poop quite so much. I think no one wants to jump right into the “what kind of a dad will you be” questions but if you are getting serious with someone and might get married, I am happy to suggest a series of questions about being a dad/mom that will be very enlightening.

6 comments:

Becky said...

So funny. So gross. I know, I never thought bathroom talk would ever be this acceptable, and common for that matter.

Kara said...

This is hilarious!!! My kids do everything better for their dad too! Why is it that they have to torture us? We carried them for 9 months, gave birth and life to them and nursed them for who knows how long! How come we get the shaft??!!
Well, congrats to you guys- POOP-ya~!

Emily said...

That conversation sounds totally normal to me! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I know how hard this has been on you, but it looks like she is on her way! I wish we could have gone to celebrate with you guys, I totally would have if we didn't decide to go out of town. I'm so proud of her!

Alifinale said...

Poo-ya! I freaking love it. Being parents is the best and poop rocks (as long as it lands in the toilet).

Erika said...

This totally made me smile! Being a parent is so...everything!

Erick and Megan said...

That is hysterical! ANd for some reason poopya is said around here a lot...! Erick and I had a similar convo the other day that ended with him saying if you had told me 10 years ago that this is how my afternoon would have gone... (can't remember exactly what it was but I think you can easily fill in the blanks!)