Saturday, January 4, 2014

Go Eagles! or Basketball Takes Over Our Saturdays

The Eagles have had a few games now and it has been really fun to watch them apply what they learn in practice. It has also been frustrating to watch them NOT apply other things we do in practice. But they are 6 and 7 years old, so I'm learning to just keep my mouth shut and have fun.




Claire has scored a few baskets, and though they don't keep score in this league, they all want to win. I don't blame them. Claire has done very well at finding her spot on the court, listening to the coaches and moving her position if she needs to, and not panicking when she gets the ball and all five of the other team's players surround her (someone needs to teach those kids what a zone defense is). Anyway, it's gonna take a lot of practice and we don't get out with the ball enough at home, but someday when I have a basketball hoop in my backyard that will all change. I have many memories of playing on our hoop attached above the garage.

Look how official I look in this one - arms crossed. Don't mess with coach! :)

No comments: