Tuesday, April 8, 2014

More Magic Kingdom

I seriously think we could have left Penelope with Pooh and Tigger and come back at the end of the day and she would be just fine. I cannot express how much she just wanted to lean in and hug these guys - it was so genuine, I was amazed at how she was never scared.









Becky Baird was our tour guide - we had done very little planning prior to the trip since we were consumed with the move. I usually like to be in research mode for weeks prior to a trip, and that wasn't going to happen. I told Becky we would do whatever she thought we would like most, and I think that was the best thing we could have done. We chose which parks we'd see in our four days - two days at Magic Kingdom, one at Epcot, and one at Hollywood Studios. It was just right.





This next picture is to show how hot, humid and sweaty I was this entire trip... maybe we can call it a 'glow' so I feel better about it. The Jungle Cruise actually felt like a jungle for once with the humidity. I am just too used to the dry desert of Las Vegas - I was melting. Even during my conference I was hot. We had one of our lunches outside to get a break from the hotel and it was miserable for me to sit outside, without shade, in my black work clothes. I am used to freezing air conditioning at conferences and had dressed accordingly.



No comments: