Saturday, January 24, 2015

30 Weeks!


The rude comments from strangers have begun - ALREADY! Can I really handle 10 more weeks of, "Wow, are you sure you aren't having twins?" I feel it is my personal mission to put these people in their place this time around, for the sake of all other pregnant woman who will run into them after me. 

Matt and I went to a furniture store last week to look at recliners (Matt's idea) and the salesman was a little rough around the edges, to say the least. At one point he asked if we had kids and I said, "We have three and a half kids," gesturing to my stomach which is obviously large enough to tell I am pregnant, so why hide it? 

He said, "Really, are you sure?" Um, yes, I'm sure... He said, "Only a half, huh?" So this jerk was implying that I was much larger than a mere half way through pregnancy, so I said, "Three and 2/3 - is that what you're looking for?" 

I should have said something way ruder back - but I get so suprised at what people say that my mind goes blank. Just keep your comments to yourself, strangers because I am developing a list of scathing comebacks for these very situations. 



2 comments:

Beej said...

I have a DISEASE!!!! (I feel your pain)

Erick and Megan said...

You go girl. I'm leaving it to you to enlighten the dumb people because I didn't get to quite enough of them!