Sunday, March 8, 2015

36 Weeks: The Doctor's Note and 26 Days to Go!

At my last doctor's appointment, I asked for a note to allow me to wear any type of shoes I want to work, and to be given permission to not wear nylons. At my office, they are pretty conservative when it comes to women's clothes - anytime you wear a skirt, you have to wear nylons. And if you wear nylons, then you are probably in closed-toe shoes. It's ridiculous. I feel like I was very professionally dressed at other offices in the past with no nylons. Anyway, I want to wear long skirts that don't even show your legs, let alone your ankles. I have quite a few comfy maternity maxi skirts and while they aren't as corporate looking as a suit or slacks, I just really need them right now. Hence, the doctor's note, aka The only way to get out of the dress code.

I recently posted this doctor's note on Instagram with a caption something like - Yes, I really did have to get a doctor's note to be able to NOT wear nylons - apparently, I work at the 1970s. I thought I would post the comments I received from my friends - pretty funny! And they supported my claim that this dress code has got to go!





I am excited to not worry so much about my clothes at work - and to  be more comfortable. I am carrying very low, and it seems my work pants were all made for women who have a volleyball above their belly button intead of a watermelon below it. No stretchy fabric low enough to help a girl out. Anyway, I'm at my once a week appointments now and am trying to decide between two hospitals so I can pre-register. If this baby was my pregnancy with Miles, he would be born in five days. But, I have a feeling that won't happen... dang it. 

No comments: