Friday, March 20, 2015

Kid Quotes

Penelope has a really great memory when it comes to books, especially those she loves to hear again and again. She can "read" about 15 books almost word for word, and one of them is Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See? The other night she was reading it to me, and she got to the purple cat page and said with the saddest voice and face, "Mom, I really, really wish I had a purple cat.... (sigh)." The likelihood of us getting a purple cat is just about the same as getting a real cat, hate to break it to you Penelope...

Along the same lines, Miles and Penelope, and sometimes Claire, would like a pet of any kind. They know I grew up with lots of animals and they think that's so cool! I try to explain that they were almost all outside pets and we lived on a large piece of property, not a little Vegas lot. Miles said, "Mom, are we EVER going to get a pet? Even a fish?" They would probably be ecstatic for even a little Beta fish at this point...


I am still working from home two days a week and I try to get in my hours while Penelope is napping but sometimes that doesn't happen, usually when she boycotts her nap that day. I was asking Penelope repeatedly to stop touching my laptop screen because she was getting her fingerprints on it. She said, "Ok, then I'm gonna go wash off my fingerprints. OK?"

Another day when she didn't take a nap I told her she was going to be so tired later in the day. She said, "I'm not tired, I'm just nervous."


No comments: