Monday, March 9, 2015

Miles Quotes

Lately, Miles is the king of "why?" and "what if?" He has a question for everything, all day long. For example, if I ask him to stop pulling on a piece of yarn that he has strung down the banister and onto the couch, instead of stopping, he asks, "Why?" "Because it is wrapped around your little sister's neck and you are about to choke her, that's why. Just do what I say!" It's like this all the time.

Anyway, he does say a few other entertaining things and I have managed to write down more of them than usual this past week. Here are a few that made me laugh.

During Church, Miles is a snack monster (well, that's all the time actually). He had already had two snacks, and I am feeling like everyone is judging me because my five year old has to have food to keep him occupied when he says, "Phew! All that coloring made me hungry! Have any snacks?"

Miles and his new haircut this weekend - handsome fellow!
We were watching a promo about the youngest girl to win a medal at the X Games and Miles says, "I think I was born to be a skateboarder."

Miles asked us why he can't remember being in heaven. I told him that our memories of heaven aren't there because this life is a test - if we could remember everything we knew before, or who we were with, this life wouldn't be much of a lesson. We were sent here to learn. He said, "Well, I'm pretty sure I already know all the big answers to the test."

Miles came out to the living room and announced, "I would APPRECIATE it if everyone left the brush in the drawer so I can find it every time." I said, "Oh, well where was it then?" He said, "On the bathroom COUNTER!" Heaven forbid...

From the back of the van, Miles says, "Mom, did you know that I have drank beer?" I said no you haven't. "Yes I have," he says, "ROOT beer!" I told him that is not even close to the same thing, but I still don't think be believes me because he said, "It is the same, it has the same name!"

1 comment:

Beej said...

Oh man. "Why?" is such a killer. Because yeah, kids are curious and they want to know things. But holy crap. Just do what I'm asking. Please. I beg of you. (Can you tell I just got a calling in Primary???)