Saturday, January 2, 2016

Henry - Nine Months!

Everyone should have someone look at them with as much happiness and love as this baby looks at me, at least once in their life. He melts my heart and I am grateful every day that he came to our family.


Henry is such a happy baby and though he is doing a bit better with sleeping at night in his own crib, he is not a great napper. He is so stinkin' happy though that it doesn't matter. The other kids were good sleepers but when they were grouchy, I knew they needed a nap. Henry sleeps in his carseat a lot thanks to busy schedules with the older kids, which is pretty common with babies with older siblings, I'm finding out.


He has four teeth - two in the bottom middle and two on the top, but just outside the middle two teeth. He is going to look like a little hippo. He is nursing twice a day and taking formula the rest of the time, eating more food - mostly fruit, cereal and some of our food now and again, and pulling himself up on the couch and ottoman. He isn't cruising around just yet, but he's getting close.

His baby talk consists mostly of da-da-da though I have heard a few ma-ma-mas in there recently... wishful thinking? None of our kids have said mom or dad as their first word so why should Henry be any different?

Three short months away from turning one year old already - I get sad thinking about it... so I won't. :)

No comments: