Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Someday I Will Sleep Again...

Sleep!! I think about it way too much and get way too little of it. A child other than Henry woke me up four nights in a row this week.

Claire woke me up with a stuffy nose. She said it was so bad she "just had to tell someone." Thank you for choosing me, Claire. The one who is already up with a baby at least once a night... 

Then Miles had a dream that he was sent to prison for eating something he wasn't supposed to. He said, "I didn't know you could go to jail forever!" and started crying, which kept me from laughing about his real life troubles showing up in his dreams. He is ALWAYS eating!

Another night, Penelope woke me up at 2:55 am to tell me she wants to me to sing her a bedtime song, with a tone of "you forgot my song Mom!" I had in fact sung many songs earlier that night at her actual bedtime... Can't catch a break!

And then the next night, Miles got out of his bed, walked down the hall, up the stairs and into our bedroom to tell me he is afraid of the dark. The dark that he just bravely walked through... Sometimes, I'm not super nice in the middle of the night. Sorry buddy.

Here is a chart of my sleep one night in November - I crash hard, then wake up a lot. I stopped using this app on my phone because seeing my lack of sleep graphed every night was making me more stressed about it. 


So, life goals - get sleep! When that happens, then I can exercise in the morning again... or that's my excuse this week.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Why would you need to exercise in the morning? Didn't you see how many steps you took in the middle of the night? 😂 Funny kids.