Sunday, April 24, 2016

Kid Quotes

Betty told me that recently Penelope told her that she she loved Betty's white jacket. Penelope is very in to giving compliments lately and it's pretty fun. But then she told Betty, "I like your jacket because it matches your hair!"


We were driving around the school and Penelope said, "Why does that sign say 'no P in your name??'" I think she was getting worried since her name has a couple P's, after all... It was a no parking sign.


As part of my healthy lean and green eating goals, I was attempting to make zucchini noodles -  Zoodles. I decided to make a half batch and I said out loud that no one else besides me would probably eat them anyway. Miles pipes in with "Well, maybe you and the tortoise." 😂


Penelope goes through phases where bedtime is just a rough process... Lately she says that there are "little guys" that she is afraid of at bedtime. I ask her what they are and she just shows me her finger and thumb pinched together to show me the size of the "little guys" that appear when the lights go out. So I decided to tell her a hapy bedtime story while lying with her on the floor by Miles's bed (where she likes to sleep when the little guys come out). The story was about a girl with super powers who could blow on the little guys and POOF! They vanish into a bit of smoke. I could tell she was liking the story and smiling about her super powers... but then Miles decided to add to the story. He said, "And THEN...her powers went away!!" I said, "Miles!!!!" And gave him a look like 'thanks a lot dude.' He paused and said,  "I just made it worse, didn't I?"


Penelope to me and Matt, "Because your the bosses I'm going to make you the king and queen."  Done and done!


At Kohls the other day, Penelope and I were looking at jewelry and she kept bringing me these super loud colorful necklaces. She told me her Baby Alive doll might like them instead... but I said I wanted something more simple. Next thing I know, she has brought me earrings with the label Simply Vera Wang.  This girl can read, I'm telling you! 

No comments: