Saturday, April 2, 2016

Henry - One Year!

Happy Birthday Henry Lee!! One quick year of having this happy boy in our lives and I can't imagine him not being part of our family.



Henry is such a good baby - I love his sweet smile! It seriously lights up a room and lifts my spirits. Sometimes I can feel grouchy at the end of the work day but when I go to pick up the kids, he is so excited to see me - it's the BEST! (now to get the other kids to react like that when they see me...).

He consistently sleeps through the nights now, but naps can be hit or miss. I think that's partially just part of being the youngest kiddo - he is always on the go and gets dragged along to all of his siblings' activities. My strict nap schedule is out the window on a lot of our days and he just goes with the flow - I can wake him up early from a nap and he is all smiles. Seriously awesome...I hope I'm not jinxing myself here...



He is very cuddly and will often sit with me and just hang out - but as he gets more mobile that will change I'm sure. He rests his head on my shoulder and will hold perfectly still while I tickle the back of his neck. My other favorite thing is how he puts his little hand on the back of your neck when you pick him up, like a little baby monkey holding on to his mama. He loves to eat real food - baby food is so 9 months old! He wants whatever we are eating - some of his favorites are chicken, quesadillas, pancakes and string cheese.



Henry isn't walking yet like I thought he might by now, but he likes walking with someone holding his fingers and he loves his walker. He is super fast in it and lifts it up when he gets to the rug or something blocking his way. He is seriously strong and I am reminded of all the huge karate kicks he gave me while in the womb - he was fighting to get out of there!


 We love you Bubba - happy birthday! As an oldest child, I am now realizing how the youngest child can get spoiled :) He is just too cute!

1 comment:

Beej said...

So freaking cute. I cannot handle it. I am destroyed.