Sunday, May 22, 2016

Recognizing Myself Again

So that title may sound a little melodramatic, but it's how I feel about my weight loss progress so far. I don't think I need to be a certain size to be happy, but I just wanted to feel like myself again. I wanted to not catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror or a photo and think - is that really what I look like?

I am convinced that a friend and I were both led to a health program at almost the exact same time, by different people, so we could lose this weight together. We ultimately brought it up hesitantly with each other and were so excited to find out we were both looking into the same program - it sounded like something we could do! Eat 5 small meals a day plus one lean and green meal, low carb, low fat protein, natural fats like avocado, olives and olive oil, plus a ton of water...  we could do this!!

I have liked this program so much in fact, that I have decided to become a health coach in order to cement these eating habits by teaching others, and to continue to lose weight in the process. When I first started, I said I wanted to lose 60 lbs. Well, I am now down 40+ lbs in a little over 3 months and I am feeling so much more like myself.

I have energy - I actually WANT to walk to the kids to school. I am loving tennis again and even feel faster (maybe it's my imagination, but I know I can get to the ball much quicker now. 40 lbs off my knees is no joke). And it makes me want to start up basketball again - I have missed it so much since being pregnant with Henry and moving far away from our group of women who I played with every week for more than 12 years! I felt sad at the thought I might never play again... Now maybe I will start my own women's group up here in North Las Vegas.

Here are my 3 month mark before and afters - I just look happier in the afters, even though of course I smiled in the befores, taking those photos and measurements were torture!



I am now officially down 43 lbs and I have lost an entire four-year-old! I weighed Penelope today and she weighs 42.8 lbs. That just blows my mind! Where was that weight? It's scary to think about, honestly. You can tell Penelope was very happy to be in this photo with me... little stinker. Maybe I can convince her to take a better one with me for my birthday. :)


No comments: