Saturday, July 9, 2016

Basketball Season!

Well, we won some and we lost some, and the kids finally started clicking and getting it the last week of the season, of course! I had fun coaching and the kids learned a lot, so I will call that an overall win! 

I was suprised at how much I missed playing too - I would jump into a scrimmage every now and then and it was so fun! 



I think Claire and Miles liked playing, but Miles was by far the youngest player (since I snuck him on the team before his 7th birthday) and Claire was the only girl... so both felt a bit discriminated against and would complain about kids who never passed to them. I said you have to earn your team's respect, then they pass to you. And sometimes you also have to just take control and get your own rebounds and make your own plays- so your team can see that you can handle yourself out there. Basketball is a hard sport for little kids who are still getting coordinated. Now on to soccer season in just a few short weeks!  

No comments: