Monday, July 4, 2016

Kid Quotes

P was in the bathroom and I hear her yell in this low voice, "You're about to get a piece of me!!!" She came out and I said what was that about? She said there was a fly in the bathroom that she was trying to squash.  


After picking up the kids from Betty's house I asked Miles how it went at Mema's. He said Penelope hit him so he threw a pillow at her and accidentally knocked something over.  I said, "Well what did you learn from that?" He said, "To have better aim?"


I told the kids that we needed to hurry and get to Target to buy some pacifiers. Penelope said, "Yeah! You heard da lady!" I swear she is from New Jersey or something...


















Penelope came to me and said, "I cleaned my room!!... Don't look!!" Yeah, that is NOT suspicious at all Penelope...


Miles and Claire were in the back of the van talking about their favorite music. I turned down the music to eavesdrop.  Miles said, "Let's name our favorite singers and groups and then our favorite songs. I like the Killers. The song Flesh and Bone. Do you like Counting Stars?"  I am fairly certain I had no such opinions when I was his age. Music is so much more accessible and easy to get now - and I don't think our parents ever let us choose the music in the car... it was their music or nothing! :)

Last day of school (left) and first day of 1st and 3rd grade (right)
Penelope was in bed and put her arms up over her head, linking her hand together and squishing her face in between her arms. She said, "Mom do I look like an avocado?" And if you an picture the shape of a halved avocado, she totally did.  

No comments: