Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Kid Quotes

During one night of the Colorado reunion, I took a cranky Henry on a walk around a pond that had a few fountains out in the middle, one large, one small. He wanted to walk around to see the smaller one, and he said, "That's the small one, and THAT'S a Mama fountain." Great, the big one is the mama...

Last visit with the Coontz family before their move to Medford, OR
Penelope has a very small mole on the far side of her forehead and she likes her bangs to cover it. Apparently Miles teased her about it once... sheesh. Anyway, she is very picky about her bangs lately and combs them just so. She also refuses to grow them out. See logic above. She was combing them the other day and doing these overly dramatic poses in the mirror with each stroke of the brush. She said, "There! MUCH more stylish that way!"

Miles left Henry and Penelope at our little neighborhood park with a neighbor boy so he could come inside to cool off and get a drink. He said he told AJ, "If someone tries to kidnap you guys, hit them with your pogo stick."

Taking away Henry's pacifier went so well, that I told the kids we were going to also go cold turkey on soda. Penelope said, "That flavor sounds DISGUSTING!"

I couldn’t find Penelope for bath time and was looking and looking everywhere. I went upstairs and got distracted and stopped looking. She found me later on and said, “I admit it. I love to hide under fluffy blankets!”

Penelope was swimming at the pool in Colorado during our reunion - on the side of the pool is painted the depth of the water, "3 ft 6 in." Penelope said “Well I’m 6 so I can be in!”

Henry was doing "this little pig went to market, this little pig stayed home" on his tootsies. He paused for a minute and seemed to forget what the next pig did... He said, "This little pig went to Target." I think I may have a Target problem... :)

Henry likes Minecraft, a "building, educational game on a tablet." But he thinks it’s called My-Craft and he says can I play “Your-craft?” The other day he said "Miles's Craft" - silly kiddo! I would never have let my first born play a game on the iPad... it's hard to let the older ones though, and not Henry.








No comments: