Friday, August 3, 2018

This and That

Summer has been busy and I need to catch us up a bit!

Claire and I went to see Matilda the Musical at Tuacahn in St. George - it was a quick getaway and we had fun staying in a hotel room, then getting back in time for church the next day. I think Claire's favorite part was getting to sleep in a pitch black room. Penelope is a bit obsessed with having a bright light on in their room and Claire prefers it dark.





The kids took swimming lessons at a private home this year and I wish I had discovered this earlier! We had done the rec center/city pool lessons and we always had a bored teenager as their teacher (there were a few decent ones but not many...). Penelope had just about out grown her floatie and it was time to swim this summer. She did so great! She was swimming around the first lesson and jumping off of a high rock by the third. I think she just needed a confidence boost to try it.

Henry and I (and sometimes Mema) got to hang out in their attached hot tub - which was the same temp as the rest of the pool. Henry is pretty brave in the water - maybe too brave. He floats on his back and jumps into the water. My favorite was when he pretended to walk into the water from the side, like it was an accident. :)


Sometimes, it's quiet for a good reason. Claire is becoming a good babysitter and if she can figure out how to not fight with Miles, she will be ready.


I got to see my friend Kate on our trip to Cedar for the volleyball camp - in 30 minutes, she can boost me up and help me make big decisions. She should seriously be a counselor! It was a perfect coincidence that she needed to be in Cedar that day.

We also stopped and saw Justin on our way home - it was his 40th birthday that day. So, here are the two oldies but goodies on the Johnson side.



Matt was promoted to Senior Audit Associate at PBTK - so I got to set up headshots for him so his bio could go on the website and be used in proposals. Kind of fun :) We even hire a makeup artist so we are super fancy!


Pioneer Day for the North Las Vegas stake - all I can say is we survived another year! And I am so thankful to be born in a day with air conditioning!




This guy.... I'm so sick of this iPad. I let him play on it when I have to work from home and get things done, but he is on it way too much. I made him a little bed out of beach towels so I could get through Sam's Club quickly. What a life!

No comments: