Thursday, August 16, 2007

35 Weeks, but who's counting?

I am exactly 35 weeks pregnant today, and I had a doctor's appointment where I thought we would discuss if the baby is still large and if inducing is still an option... but, my doc was called away to deliver a baby so I just met with the nurse. I have to say, that was the fastest appointment I've had... no waiting, I practically just walked right in there and got everything checked out. It was great!

Every time I go I sit and wait and think about my idea for an invention - a system for doctor's offices that would allow a patient to check in online or over the phone and then ask for notification via email, text message or phone call when they are going to be actually seeing the doctor. If it works for restaraunts, why not the doctor's office?

You could give them your info for how far away you are from their office - for example, my office is only about 10 minutes from the doctor's office, so I'd just need a 10 minute warning to get over there. So much more efficient! I get so frustrated because I just sit there and think about all the things at work I could/should be doing. Can you tell I've thought a lot about this? :)

So, today I had just taken the whole day off to get things done instead of squeezing it into my work day. And of course, this was the fastest appointment yet! Anyway, no news on the delivery date, but we do know we are blessing the baby the Sunday after Thanksgiving since we'll have family in town already. Anyone who will be here is welcome to attend.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Genius idea Shannon. I hate waiting to see our Dr too. Except my biggest problem is that I usually have Cali with me, pointing at pictures and diagrams on the walls, wanting to know what everything is. Last appointment it was a picture the fallopian tubes that had her attention. I tried to tell her that eggs were in there, which I'm not even sure is right. (Who can remember all the way back to sex ed?) She came home and told Tommy that we'd seen a pictures of a chicken's bum...don't ask!