Friday, August 31, 2007

A Whole Lot of Nada

So, I was all set to hear from my doctor at today's appointment that I was well on my way to an early delivery, since I have this large baby and all. But, alas, there is nothing much new going on down there.

The baby has turned, so at least the head is down and pointed in the right direction (a quick ultrasound verified that). But, still very high and just all too comfortable kicking my ribs and lungs. Also, the baby's size seems to have regulated a bit. The doctor estimated that if I were to have the baby tomorrow, it would weigh about 7 1/2 pounds. I guess there is still time over the next 3 weeks to end up with the 10 pounder he was predicting, but he didn't seem concerned enough yet to schedule an induction.

Which is ok with me - I have too much to get ready for at work and at home. The thought of a baby as early as Sept 10th was kind of freaking me out. Probably not as much as that first internal exam did... but that's another story that requires a private audience...

1 comment:

Emily said...

Hold out until the 15th! I'm glad to hear that everything is going good (I know how SUPER those exams are...I'm looking forward to another next Thursday!) Nothing much happening here either. Other than feeling heavier by the minute and running to the potty every two seconds. I swear the last few weeks take longer than the whole pregnancy! Take care and keep us updated. We can;t wait to see pictures of Baby Hiller!!!