Friday, August 3, 2007

Baby Name Poll Closed

So, our baby name poll has come to an end - thank you to all those who voted! Not to say that we will definitely go with the winners, but the top names were Quinn and Kate. But they were all pretty close - none won by a landslide or anything. Kate is still my top choice for a girl's name, but I'm not sure for a boy. We will probably do a combination of the names on the poll for first and middle names.

I guess we should start getting pretty serious about this name thing... we only have about 6 weeks to go, maybe less if the doc still thinks I should be induced early (I hope!). I got a wake up call when I asked my insurance how much it was to add a baby to our policy - it was as much as adding a spouse! So now I'm on a search for private insurance that isn't through my company. The cost of the insurance alone has made us step back a bit and realize that we haven't budgeted or really wrapped our minds around just how much a baby will cost. I guess it's better to realize this now when it's too late to change our minds :)

We have so much to get ready for still - even though we do have all the basics ready for those first few weeks with the baby, I am starting to get that crazy "nesting" feeling that all the books talk about. The house is a mess, things aren' t organized, I want everything taken care of so when the baby does come I can just focus on him or her and not worry if things are clean. But it's starting to really bug me that things aren't organized, and I am just too darn big to do some of the housework anymore - my feet are too swollen to get down on the floor to clean things. So, lucky Matt gets to do some of the fun stuff.... he has always been good about helping though, now it's a necessity.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Lucky Matt sounds like he's getting to do the same kind of stuff that Lucky Tom is. This morning I had him move all of our rubbermaid storage bins from one storage room to another. This idea came to me in the middle of the night, and I HAD to get it done today...crazy pregnant brain! And yes, I feel much better now that it's done. Maybe I'll get another burst of inspiration tonight. Lucky Tom!

L.and.R said...

call my brother at 336-4601 and he could totally help you with outside insurance!!