Sunday, November 11, 2007

Back to Work

I officially go back to work tomorrow, and I have very mixed feelings about the whole thing. On one hand, I get to still spend most of my time working from home. I will go into the office or to client locations for meetings, and I will attend my board meetings and networking events, since my job focuses on business development. Typically, the holiday months are slow PR months, so I asked to stay home during these next two months. But starting in January, I will be spending more time in the office and will have to find a more permanent childcare solution.

For now, Matt is going to help out playing Mr. Mom when I have meetings (so long as it's not during his classes), and then I will need to find babysitters for the other odd times when our schedules don't work out.

I guess this is baby steps back to work, so hopefully I don't lose it this week being away from Claire...

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

I'm sorry you have to go back. I am glad you get to "ease" into it, rather than go cold turkey! Good luck!! She is a beautiful girl!

Emily said...

Just think of the big smiles waiting to greet you when you get home (both from Claire and from Matt!)