Friday, March 14, 2008

Nevada Reading Week

This is a new tradition for my office - every year we go into a local elementary school as guest readers for NV Reading Week. We call it our office service project but really it's more fun for us to just hang out with the kids and read Dr. Seuss. This year I took Claire since the school was right down the street. I loved reading as a kid - I still do - and I hope Claire will love to read too. I remember getting in trouble for reading at the dinner table or being teased by my younger brothers for reading outside while they were having fun in the pool (maybe I was a nerd, but who cares!). This is our office making some crazy Oobleck gooey stuff from a Dr. Seuss book.


So we are starting out with some of my favorite books - If You Give a Mouse A Cookie and Where the Wild Things Are are our books of choice this week. And of course, the picture books with family pictures - Claire loves this book!


4 comments:

Emily said...

Reading week sounds pretty awesome! It's fun to read to younger kids and see how excited they get about books.

And I have totally experienced the crr-sneeze.

Becky said...

I lover her and that book. And I love that the picture it shows is me and her. :) Good job, sister!

Matt and Shannon said...

Hey guys - I have no idea what that second message is, so please don't click on it....

Emily said...

We got that message on our blog as well. If you go to settings, then comments, and change it so that your blog requires word verification for comments it's suppose to make it harder for people to leave junk like that on your blog. Jerks.

Claire's flower headband is adorable! Please, can our girls grow up and be best friends?