Thursday, March 27, 2008

Easter Weekend

I went to CA to visit my parents over the Easter weekend and we had a great time hanging out and visiting with family and friends. I had too many favorite pics from the weekend, hence the slide show. Claire had fun with her cousins - and it made me wish, like it always does, that she could live closer to all of them. But we will just have to plan regular trips like this to make sure Claire knows my parents and siblings. It took her awhile to warm up to everyone and once she did, it was time to go home.

But we had fun - visiting the Sacramento Temple, eating a nutburger at our favorite crazy veagan healthy place (they are actually really good), eating way too much Easter candy (sorry WW), and just plain old hanging out. Oh, and I sewed a baby dress too - my first one. If it survives the washing machine I might just take a picture of Claire wearing it!

8 comments:

Monica said...

I figured it's time to come out and tell you I've been a lurker on your blog. James got the URL from Matt a while back and now I'm a regular. Claire is a beauty! I wish we were closer and could come and see you both (especially during these nasty winters!). We also have a blog so feel free to lurk, or comment whenever!

Monica Kien's Wife

Jacqui said...

You look great! Clair is a doll!

Emily said...

Super cute! I'm glad you got to go see your fam, but I know what you mean. A weekend is never long enough! I want to see the dress you made!

Alifinale said...

The dress turned out beautifully! Now I want you to teach me how! Glad you had a fun trip with family.

Mere and Matt said...

I hope Grandpa's back is ok after carrying all of those riders. I used to be the family "horse", but I've since relenquished the role to Matt. You and your family look great!

I can't wait for the day when there isn't an aisle of chocolate dedicated to the current upcoming holiday. I blame them completely for keeping my post baby weight on.

Becky said...

Some day we will live closer, I hope. I am in love with Claire. I have to be her favorite, okay. I need to send a picture of the dress mom helped me make, the green one with pink polka dots. I love it, but I don't know if I love it on her. That green isn't really her color. Oh, well. Can't wait to see Claire in her new dress. Love you!

Emily said...

I want to see a picture of the dress you made! I am so impressed. I want to learn how to sew so badly.

Great Easter pictures. Claire, you get cuter and cuter. What a good looking family you guys are!

Emily said...

Ok, I just finish watching the slide show. Did you make the green dress with the white buttons? If so, it's so cute. And if not, it;s still so cute! Love the buttons!