Friday, April 3, 2009

Just Some Recent Cuteness

I finally had a day with no work and no meetings - so nice to just enjoy the family and hang out. I even had 30 whole minutes at the library by myself - lovely! Claire was being so cute and making the funniest faces yesterday, which of course I couldn't catch with the camera. She has this pouty face down pat! Such a faker. Here are some other random things of late.

Claire asks to sit on the toilet all the time now - I think it's a ploy to get out of doing something like take a bath or a nap, but I have to try every time she asks because I know the one time I don't she will really have to go.


Random Wednesday night visit to Town Square for some Claim Jumper (I never want to cook these days) and some fun on the playground.


Claire likes to sit with her dad and watch basketball, or her new Baby Can Read videos. I get a little jealous of all that cuddle time :)


She wants to do everything herself and just like the adults do - so eating this apple whole instead of in baby slices was quite the feat.

4 comments:

Kara said...

I don't think Claire does anything that isn't cute, does she? I can't believe she loves to sit on the potty so much- can she rub some of that off on Nathan- my three year old who refuses??

Erika said...

There is such a difference between boys and girls. You just wait. My girls did well sitting on the potty. It was fun for them. It took longer than I wanted it to, but like you said, you don't want to discourage it or not believe them when it actually happens. Owen has shown an interest in the potty also, and since he generally sees only females use the potty he wants to sit, seriously who's going to teach a 20 month-old to stand and pee anyways. Well, he's a lot different on the toilet, just in case you don't know the difference in their anatomies. He makes me nervous. When he's sitting on the potty, I'm always afraid that I'm going to get a shower. I need to get him his own seat. I love the end result of potty-training, but it is so horrendous to get through. Good luck! I hope that talking-machine turns into your potty-machine too. Girls, I tell ya.

And, I have never met Matt, but I think Claire looks so much like her daddy in that second picture.

Jacqui said...

She is so cute, and how about that dress! Adorable. We're still in snowclothes up North.

Lize actually pees on the potty several times per day. I am so impressed! I actually thought she might potty train before Eth, as he took FOR-EV-ER! IT was just a few months ago he finally decided he was sick of diapers.

We miss you guys. Vegas weather...man, I'll take it!

Erick and Megan said...

I've heard of those baby can read videos. Does she like them? Maybe I should get one. I was thinking about getting word factory.