Thursday, April 30, 2009

Visit from Papa

So I didn't really try to get Claire to call my dad "Papa" but I guess it's easier to say and it's just so darn cute coming out in her little voice. So "Papa" came to visit for his annual Laughlin River Run trip, bringing with him his Harley, which Claire called a "cycle." She had to see it every time we went outside.

We had a lot of fun with my dad - it's nice to have him all to ourselves once a year, though I fear the days of his week-long trips down here might be coming to an end. He didn't tell us that, but I get the feeling he might not come every year. I didn't get a great picture with the cycle - here's the best I have.


We went to eat at Town Square, played in the park area and Papa got Claire two balloons to play with, Bob and Minnie. She loved them and they kept her busy for quite a while. Claire also got to experience the water portion of the park - I didn't have my camera, but water shoots out of the ground from a grid of holes, at random. Claire was the littlest one there, and the other kids were pretty rowdy so she stayed on the edge of the action - just got wet a few times.



We also made the customary trip to Bass Pro Shops where Claire refused to get up out of a child-size camping chair, so of course Papa bought it, along with a matching sleeping bag. We are all set for camping this summer!




All in all it was a great visit. We ate too much, stayed up too late, and spoiled Claire too much. She hasn't fully recovered :)

5 comments:

Erika said...

Those pics with Claire and your dad are so sweet. Your dad seems like the perfect grandpa, so cool and yet so gentle.

Stephanie Carmi said...

The last shot with Claire and your dad is very sweet. He must be such a great grandpa.

Emily said...

Too cute! How fun for both of them to get one on one time every year. Grandpas are so awesome!!

Kara said...

SO, cute! That's what "Papa's" are for, spoiling their little grandkids! I called both of my grandpa's Papa, and that's what Nathan calls my dad. I think it's so cute!

Becky said...

I am so jealous, which you already know. I love the pics of those two together, especially the one with the sleeping bag, precious. He is a good grandpa, isn't he?