Thursday, May 28, 2009

Baby Update

I had a doctor's appointment today and all is going well - baby is measuring right on target and I'm feeling as well as can be expected in Vegas, in the summer. I close my eyes when I step on the scale, and I avoid all discussion on weight gain, but that's just to spare me the agony. :)

I am 27 weeks, but I thought my doctor said today that I was 28 weeks on Sunday... I'll take the 28 weeks. I had an ultrasound about 4 weeks ago (a second one to check on one of the chambers of the heart - it looked good), and the baby is still a boy. So, I felt ok buying some boy stuff and getting fabric for his bedding and room. I am doing the bumpers, sheets and crib skirt and some pillows and curtains. I am hoping my sister in law will help me paint this really cute pattern from one of the fabrics onto the wall - she's good at that stuff.

I went with a more modern baby room again - nothing really baby blue or baby-ish. Claire's room has bold colors and polka dots with other patterns - not a bit of pink, I'm afraid. But this time we know we have a boy, so I can go with blue and brown. It should be cute, I think. I tried to sew a lot over Memorial Day since I had the day off - so nice! I still feel like I am working a lot - I need to stop doing some of these volunteer boards and officer positions, it adds up and is a lot of time.

Anyway, my sister also finally announced that she is pregnant too - she is due in November, not sure yet what she is having. So my sister and sister in law are both prego - these kids will all be within 3 months of each other. I just wish we all lived as close as their birthdates will be.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Wow, how fun, 3 babies!
I'm jealous of all of your sewing shannon, I need to get on it! I need to borrow your instructions for the bumper.

I love your chicago pictures (is that Jen from volleyball...hi jen!).
It's so cool that you girls take trips like that together.

And I always thought that was the farmer's wife too! Weird. Now wonder he doesn't look so happy.

Stephanie Carmi said...

Yay! I'm so glad he's still a boy. :)

Kara said...

I want to come see your stuff for the baby's room. I'm sure you'll decorate it all so cute! Claire's room is so nice- you're so talented. How fun will it be for this baby to have 2 cousins so close to his age. Nathan LOVES his cousins, and Jackson is lucky enough to have a new cousin just 3 weeks younger on my side of the family finally!
I'm glad you got to go to Chicago with your friends- that looked fun.