Thursday, May 28, 2009

Girls Trip to Chicago

I was lucky enough to take a recent trip to Chicago with some of my best friends - girls that I used to travel with quite a bit, but since I've been married that hasn't happened. So I figured before I have a newborn again, I better take this chance to go. None of us had ever been to Chicago so it was a new experience for everyone. I hope I didn't hold back my friends too much - I don't know if it's being pregnant or getting older but I was just plain tired! I just can't get by on 5-6 hours of sleep a night, which we did a few times. I'm not sure when I will get a trip like that again, and I'm grateful to Matt for being a single parent for the four days I was gone. I am so glad I went - but I was definitely ready to come home to see Claire and Matt. Here are some pictures from the trip - we also went up the Sears Tower (it was alright), toured historic Lincoln sites in Springfield, IL (3 hours away), and ate true Chicago style pizza and hot dogs. Yum!

Welcome to Chicago!


The road was closed for incoming traffic so we got to take this cool picture of a city street


One of our stops was Millennial Park - this was a cool sculpture where you could see the reflection of the city, and yourself inside, pretty cool



We saw Mary Poppins, which had the original Mary and Burt from the Broadway cast. They were fabulous and we loved it!


Statue of the American Gothic painting, which we also saw in the Art Institute Museum that we toured. Turns out this is a farmer and his unmarried daughter - I always thought it was his wife

3 comments:

Becky said...

Fun pictures. I'm glad you had fun. Interesting about the farmer's daughter. Fun and educational, good job.

Karry said...

We’re grateful for Matt too. Our trip wouldn’t have been the same without you. We love you!

Vickey said...

I didn't know that about that painting either. I will never look at it the same way again.
I LOVED Mary Poppins, too. We saw it on Broadway and I was a little hesitant going in. But when Burt danced up the wall and ceiling of the stage I loved it! I liked the whole production, that that was my favorite. That and when Mary Poppins floated over the audience and up into the ceiling. So fun! I wished that my kids could have seen it.