Thursday, May 7, 2009

Four Years

Today is our fourth wedding anniversary. We heard on the news that today - 05-07-09 -is being called "Odd Day" and that they are holding a contest to see what the day should be about. We vote for a big party for us :) We thought about getting married on 05-05-05 - at least I did. But then our anniversary would be on Cinco de Mayo every year.



Part of me feels like time has flown by - but the other part feels like we should be married longer to have one kid and another on the way already. I guess that's what happens though - life moves so fast and you have to take a step back every now and then to get a better view. I just know what I love being married, I love having a family and I can't wait for it to grow again soon. Matt has seen me at my worst, things I would have been mortified to experience with him when we were dating, yet he's sticking around. That's a nice feeling. I know it's only four years, but it's a start and I can't wait to write something about our 44th anniversary someday.

9 comments:

Jacqui said...

Congratulations! You make a beautiful couple, and beautiful babies! I can't wait to meet the next little beauty!!

Stephanie Carmi said...

congratulations you two. four years is a long time to be married! :) twice as long as we've been hitched! these photos are beautiful and so are you both. hope to see you this year.

Kara said...

congrats!

Emily said...

Cute wedding pictures!

I loved hearing about your camping trip...it sounded so much like ours. And I agree with McKinley...how dare you put Claire Bear in time out!

~ kietra ~ said...

Congrats!! So fun to see some of your wedding pictures. YOu look radiant and what a great day!!! My three year old was sitting on my lap and as he was looking, he said, Look mom- its cinderella! I asked him why amd he said because mom, she's just so pretty. There ya go!!!

Erika said...

Wow! Congrats on four years. You looked so pretty in your wedding dress. I wish I could have been there.

Mere and Matt said...

Ah...it seems like just yesterday, really. I had such a good time meeting your family in California during your reception and seeing your Matt play video games with your brothers, just as Matt is currently doing with my brothers right now... :) Happy anniversary!!

The Armet's said...

You are so right the days are just flying by. I think we are getting wiser with age! These kiddos are sure a blessing and a sparkle to our families. Congrats on four years!!!! I really wanted to use the word sparkle, who knows:*)

Nicole said...

Congrats you two! You make beautiful babies!!!